A pretty smile has many benefits, not just for aesthetics but also for health reasons. Smiling can actually change the brain, triggering you to feel happy simply because you are smiling and also leads to a decrease in stress induced hormones, making you feel more relaxed and confident.
A smile can have a transformative effect and can actually improve your life. Below are just a few benefits of a smile.
• Lowers your heart rate.
• Gives you a natural high. Smiling releases endorphins, which can make you feel more positive.
• Makes you more approachable.
• Boosts your immune system.
• Allows you to become more successful. One study showed that 96 percent of the people in the study equated a healthy smile with increased confidence, personal and professional success.
• Increases your overall health.
How You Can Change Your Smile
One way you can change your smile is through orthodontic treatment. If you have crooked, crowded or misaligned teeth, it is never to late to consider orthodontic treatment. Orthodontic treatment allows you to get the smile you have always wanted and and improve the quality of your life.
Types Of Braces
• Traditional Metal Braces – most commonly used braces that uses brackets and wires.
• Ceramic Braces – the same as traditional braces but they have clear brackets instead of metal.
• Lingual Braces – are metal braces that attached behind the teeth instead of the front, making them invisible.
• Invisalign – virtually invisible aligners that can be removed for brushing, flossing and eating.
• Damon Braces – this system has an advantage over traditional braces because they do not require rubber bands.
• Smart Brackets – smart brackets provide measurements and information which help reduce the total amount of time that the braces are worn.
• Self-Ligating Braces – high tech braces that deliver quick results without having to visit the orthodontist every other week for adjustments.
Contact Us Today
A great smile can change your life and your health. To learn more about the power of a healthy and beautiful smile contact our office today at 203-292-6644.