A common question asked by many adults is if they are too old for braces? For adults, there are many reasons why they decide to get braces. There are more adults in braces than you think. Some are wearing braces that my be noticeable but due to the advancements in orthodontic technology, you may not even notice someone in wearing braces at all. Below are a couple of the many benefits of orthodontics for adults and how it can help your teeth and your smile.
Benefits Of Braces
• Orthodontics help align crooked and misaligned teeth
• Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss
• Straight teeth can lead to overall better oral health
Treatment Options For Adults
• Ceramic braces which are less noticeable than traditional metal braces are sometimes often chosen by adults.
• Lingual braces that attach to the inside of the teeth are popular because they are not visible.
• Clear plastic, custom made braces (known as Invisalign) uses trays that slowly move your teeth into a desired position. Invisalign is a clear, removable aligner that patients take in and out when they have to eat, drink or brush.
• Six Month Smiles is an option that uses brackets and wires that are tooth colored and less noticeable than traditional metal braces. These braces are attached to the front teeth like traditional metal braces and align teeth their desired position in six months or less.
For more information about adult braces, schedule a consultation with our office. We will be more than happy to review with you the various treatment programs we have to offer that will transform and realign your smile. Contact our office today at 203-292-6644.